Friday, June 16, 2006

The Whoever Plays The Royals strategy

With the Kansas City Royals setting new standards for ineptitude, it's very tempting to pick up whoever's pitching against the Royals on a daily basis. I've tried it three times and they've burned me twice -- pounding Jake Westbrook to the tune of 8ER in 2 2/3 innings and hitting four dingers off Kenny Rogers.

That said, here's my pick for Saturday, June 17.

Justin Verlander (7-4, 3.32), Detroit Tigers, @ Chicago Cubs (Carlos Marmol)

The folks in my league are slow to embrace the Tigers' success, so might as well ride the hot horse. Verlander can bring it, and the Cubs are locked in a string of games where they're struggling to score more than 3 runs a game. As a Cubs fan, it pains me to pick on the Northsiders, but they're bringing it on themselves.

Friday pick: Nate Robertson (W, 7 IP, 2 ER, 2K) in a 5-3 win over the Cubs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home