Thursday, June 15, 2006

Fantasy Baseball

Men all have fantasies. The ones I'll talk about here revolve around baseball -- fantasy baseball.

I'm in a points league, going on my fifth year in the league, and trying to defend my second of two titles. If I have one weakness, it's trying to find the best pitching matchup of the day out of the pitchers available on waivers.

So I'm going to try to regularly put up my opinion of the best pitching matchup for the next day's game based on the pitchers available in my league. It should be noted that the points setup in my league values wins above all, so I'm looking for a mismatch in terms of opposing starters.

We'll see how I do ...

Friday, June 16

Nate Robertson (6-3, 3.50) at Chicago Cubs (Glendon Rusch)

Robertson is 3-0, 3.10 in 5 starts away from Comerica Park, and has allowed 3 ER or less in 10 of his 13 starts. The Tigers are an MLB-leading 23-10 on the road and the Cubs are 11-22 in day games. On top of that, he's pitching against a Cubs lineup that has scored just six more runs this year than the Royals and a pitcher (Rusch) who has given up 10 HRs in 13.1 innings at the Friendly Confines this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home